Switzerland's UNGFELL have established themselves as an unstoppable force of intricate, yet undeniably immersive riff fury in a scene that frequently replaces memorable songwriting with pseudo-intellectual gibberish. Affiliated with the formidable Helvetic Underground Committee, UNGFELL has provided the unsuspecting masses with music that is undeniably engaging and yet challenging, delving into local lore and legends with a depth and a knack for wit that is rarely seen in contemporary extreme metal music.
On their third full-length album, "Es grauet", Ungfell abducts listeners on a sonic journey detailing moral ambivalence and treachery. Set in a seemingly idyllic rural village in pre-modern times, all is not as it seems. Tragedy strikes the town in the form of a horrific, grisly murder. Unfounded accusations lead the town further astray, while these occurences of debauchery exceed the comprehension of the local inhabitants. Alas, evil lurks where you may least expect it... The story unfolds, accompanied by ravaging riffs and gripping songwriting that appropriately underline the complex, yet harrowing narrative. "Es grauet" shows UNGFELL at their most ambitious and most audacious, featuring incredibly dynamic and warm production values, emphasizing atmosphere even more than previous releases and managing to compliment the story being told.
"Tyfels Antlitz" - Official Tracktream: https://youtu.be/Iyfdz7WKSgQ
1. Es grauet überm Dorf (Wie s niemert het chönne ahne)
2. Tyfels Antlitz (Wie e Huerä zwei Chind empfanget)
3. D Schwarzamslä (Wie us däne Goofe Pfaffä wärdet)
4. Mord im Tobel (Wie en hinterhältige Mord begange wird)
5. S Chnochelied (Wie e Beschuldigti gfoltered wird und Visione bechunnt)
6. Stossgebätt (Wie das Wyb als Häx hygrichtet wird)
7. D Unheilspfaffä vom Heinzäbärg (Wie Tod und Verdärbe uf das Dorf iistürzt)
8. S Fälsebräche (Wie s Böse begrabe wird)
Menetekel: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Lyrics, Composition, Additional Instruments
Vâlant: Drums & Additional Percussion